Help! I made what should be an awesome fleece dress using a pattern from the Craftsy "Sewing with Knits" class. It is a surplice/wrap top with an empire waist. The bodice is too short, and when I sewed it all together the waistline hit just below the nipple. NOT A FLATTERING LOOK. I cut the skirt off in an attempt to fix it, and now I'm kind of at a loss as what to do next. Suggestions appreciated!
I borrowed an Ali Foster pattern, cut apart a pair of nice Tommy Hilfiger denim trousers and dug into my stash of Echino fabrics to make my first bag. I had a few issues with topstitching and of course, spent some time with my seam ripper. I am pleased with the results, even if some of the stitching is kind of sloppy. Pics below:
I'm quilting right now using a variegated blue by Aurifil in the top, and a red/fuschia/purple poly thread by Mettler in the bobbin. I switch the colors between the sashing and blocks because I love both thread sets.
Treatsack 1.0 is a smashing success! I bought some webbing and a buckle, plus several varieties of thread and jeans needles. The 500D Cordura was a leftover scrap from mending some riding pants. I superglued magnetic tape to keep it shut, and added a front pocket for poop bags. I'll be so styling tomorrow at puppy class!
My machine didn't love working with the Cordura, or the webbing actually. Of course, the real culprit was the heavy duty upholstery thread. We'll see how it does tomorrow, I'll probably make a better one for my husband. As soon as I learn how to insert a zipper. IMG_0774 by jujucabra, on Flickr magnets... by jujucabra, on Flickr Dog-tested, Barley approved. by jujucabra, on Flickr
So my BFF bought a condo last fall, and I made him a lap quilt as a housewarming gift. I started with a tutorial for a Friendship star, and then realized that Maverick/Liberated stars were much more interesting. I spent a few days measuring and cutting a ton of 4.5 and 5.25" squares, eventually adding in more fabrics as I found them. After a break for my honeymoon, moving, new puppy, I finally picked it up again around christmas, and four months later, it's done. It's almost an I-Spy quilt, as it's got a bit of a nautical/pirate/bird/bicycle theme using blue & orange. He had sent me a few yards of a Badtz Maru fabric that he purchased over 10 years ago, and I worked that into some of the stars as well as the backing. I used my Bernina 440QE and BSR to freemotion a meandering wave/water design around all of the stars using a variegated orange/green/red thread. I'm really pleased.
I really like pureed celeriac/Celery Root. Steam or boil it, then mash/puree with a hint of cream & butter. Beats the pants off regular old mashed potatoes.
Also, try using nut/oat/hemp milks as a basis for the smoothies you'll inevitably make, as they'll up her protein intake and taste better than regular milk. I'm an avid believer in soy protein powder in my berry/banana/hazelnut butter smoothies.