I've been following this thread for a while and you lot have really inspired me to deal with the WIP of all WIPs; the beloved monster I call my studio.
6 weeks ago it was all nice and neat and tidy, but then I took on my two year old nephew full time and my workflow and space became a little skewed with mornings being about wearing him out at the local drop-in or park and work, work, work in the hour and a half that he napped...and my generally being a sucker for 2 year olds who want my undivided attention.
Here it is in its current state:
1. Mum's a frequent auction goer and that's a big bag o' supplies like wonder under, fuse-bond, interfacing and ribbons she dropped off about 4 weeks ago which needs to be purged and sorted.
2. A basket of clothes to go to the consignment store (my room tends to become a catch all for things in transition.)
3. The remnants from halloween costume making which also needs to be purged (especially as I believe ALL of my seam pickers are in that bag.)
4. A bag of items I collected from around the house which belong to my children and in their bedrooms. It was sitting on the little table in the hallway between their rooms and rather conveniently found its way into my space.
5. My makeshift embroidery kit. Yes, I'm proud of that one.
6. A pair of pyjamas I started back in September.
7. I swear every doorknob in our home has a plastic bag of junk hanging from it. Far be it for me to ruin a trend. Consistency is the key to success as my mum always says.
8. Yes, that's hair dye.
9. Fabric for another pair of pyjamas.
10. My fabric stash which also needs to be purged and sorted.
Wish me luck, folks. My day is spent!