No, I didn't use a pattern for the jellyfish but I basically just knit a circle with some size 8 dpns and alternated rows of knitting every stitch and increasing the stitches to give it a little bit of a cylindrical shape. For the tentacles I used all different size needles and just casted on any number of stitches, then I knit into the front and back of each stitch across the second row and then I bound off all the stitches. Doubling the number of stitches in the second row makes the tentacles have the corkscrew shape. I actually felted the whole thing and when I did some of the tentacles actually lost the corkscrew shape a little bit. It was a great stash buster because I had all this crazy sparkly yarn laying around which I had no idea what I was going to do with!
Thanks everyone! They were actually for a craft show earlier this fall but no one bought them! So now I guess some of them might become gifts... They were really fun to make though and I have been on a bag-making kick ever since!
Just some bags and clutches I made recently... They're all felted and lined. I didn't use patterns except for the blue flower on the turquoise clutch, which I started to use a pattern for but it was getting too large so I had to alter it a little!