Swap name: Nancy Drew Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: cerealboxes84
Sign-up date range: July 5-28
Date to send item by: September 12 (NOTE NEW SEND OUT DATE)
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 (Including organizer)
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO-Yes
If so, which country? United States
Age requirement? Over 13
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
Details of swap:
Attention all you Nancy Drew fans!! We will be swapping Nancy Drew-themed items!
What We'll be Swapping:
We'll be swapping items of all kinds (no restrictions) with the only stipulation that the item has to have something dealing with Nancy Drew on it. That can be Nancy herself, or a person, place, or thing from one of her books. You can even swap Nancy Drew books, since they can be a bit hard to find.
We will be making a Nancy Drew package for our partners, consisting of 1 Large, and 1 medium project, based on their favorite Nancy Drew books. You and your partner can also agree, if you'd like, (this is totally optional)- to swap actual Nancy Drew books with each other (again, this part is optional). In the questionnaire below, try to list a few of your favorite books to give your partner a better chance of finding your favorite book. If you can't find your partner's favorite book, you can also check your local library or if you'd like to expand your own collection, EBay or Alibris (http://www.alibris.com/). There also some good reviews on Epinions.com, like this one, that you can use as well (http://www.epinions.com/Mystery_of_the_Brass_Bound_Trunk_by_Carolyn_Keene/display_~reviews).
(These are just so you get the idea, you don't have to make these if you don't want to)
Large: Purse, skirt, throw blanket, I pod pillow, video\DVD organizer that is large in size, jewelry set (5 or more pieces), Large size papier mache item
Medium: I Pod case, clock, household organizer (i.e. remote control organizer), book purse, jewelry (individual pieces), Medium size papier mache item.
Swap deadline: I have made the swap with a September 12th deadline so that everyone can have ample time to craft without feeling rushed. However, I will be following up with everyone in the swap by PM or email once a week just to check in. Also, it would be helpful to post on here once a week, as well.
Sending\Receiving: Please send all packages to your partner by September 12th. After you've sent, please PM me to let me know you've sent, and include the confirmation number of all packages sent. When you've recieved your package from your partner, please PM me to let me know, so that I may give them credit. Also, please take pictures of what you've recieved and post them in the Swap Gallery post I will set up at the end of the swap. I will leave feedback for everyone immediately after the swap.
Misc: You MUST have access to a digital camera to participate in the swap. Your partner is excited for everyone to see the items they've crafted for you!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? N/A
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
1. What is your favorite Nancy Drew book? (List about 4 or 5 to make it easier for your partner to find)
2. Who are your favorite Nancy Drew characters?
3. How long have you been reading Nancy Drew?
4. Do you have a Nancy Drew collection? If so, what does it consist of?
5. Would you like your partner to send you Nancy Drew books? (This part of the swap is optional, and must be mutual between partners)
6. What do you like most about the Nancy Drew series?
7. What kind of crafts\skills will you be willing to make for the swap?
8. Are their any kinds of crafting that you don't want to make or feel uncomfortable making for the swap? If so, which kinds?
9. What kinds of crafts would you really like to recieve for the swap?
10. What kinds of crafts would you NOT like to recieve for the swap?
11. T-Shirt size?, Skirt\Pants size? (If you'd like any kind of clothing-related item)
12. Do you have access to a digital camera to post your pictures? It is required that you have access to a digital camera so you can post your items in the Swap Gallery.
13. What is your favorite color? Do you have a favorite art theme? If so, what?
14. Do you have an I-Pod or other digital music player? If so, which kind and if an I-Pod, which generation?
15. Do you like any of the Nancy Drew movies?
16. Do you have any common allergies (pets, cats, smoke)?
17. Do you have any common allergens in your home (pets, cats, smoke, etc)?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
PARTNERS: (Green=sent & recieved package, Blue=sent package, but did not recieve yet, Yellow=recieved package, but did not send yet)