A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

  Show Images
Pages: [1]
1  Halfway through knitting sweater, realized there wasn't enough yarn to finish.. in Knitting: Completed Projects by JodiHendon on: May 12, 2011 06:45:07 PM
I bought some beautiful Berroco Poppy yarn to make a pullover and then didn't get around to knitting it for a long time (25 years).  By the time I finished the front, I realized there wouldn't be enough yarn to finish (must have shrunk  Wink, and there was no way to find any of the yarn anymore.   Angry

So, I made a purse.  I lined it with a scarf, stabilized with unbleached muslin, and gathered the top and bottom on wooden handles and sewed up the sides.

It's dark hot pink, fuschia, and the tufts of color make it go with everything.  I'm knitting a cabled scarf with the leftover yarn.


Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
2  Prettiest purse I've ever made in Purses, Bags, Wallets: Completed Projects: General by JodiHendon on: June 07, 2008 06:45:59 PM





I found the pattern on a Jo-Ann's site.  It's technically the same as most of the reversible purses I've made.  The top is scooped, rather than straight across.  Sorry the picture doesn't do it justice.

The outside fabric is from an old skirt that I was ready to donate, when I noticed that it was the same color as a linen suit (hanging behind the purse) I'm going to wear to a wedding.  It's polyester, but feels like silk.  I lined it with cotton in the same color as the flowers.  Lining is hot pink, though it looks red in the picture.

I used Wonder Under with pieces from one of my husband's old oxford cloth shirts to thicken and stiffen the top fabric.  I squared off the bottom and put a rectangle of flexible plastic between the fabrics to make it "sit" easily.

Cost:  About $3 for the lining (I had a coupon).  $2 for the beads. 

Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
Pages: [1]


FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coca-Cola Bringing Back Surge
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Panzanella
New Football Stadium Foods Include a 40% Bacon, 60% Beef Burger
Making Citrus-Glazed Pancakes in Virginia Beach
Tempura-Fried Egg and Corned Beef Hash Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.