What's Food Day?
Food Day is a nationwide celebration and a movement for healthy, affordable, and sustainable food.
Visit http://www.FoodDay.Org to find out more!
Let's blog together to make a difference for what we love most, food!
What Should I Blog About?
Blog about any food topic that encourages healthy food, sustainable food, and accessible food. Choose a topic that resonates with you personally, something that you are passionate about. Here are some ideas:
- Whole Foods Recipes and Cooking Ideas
- Eating Processed Foods vs. Whole Foods
- Eating Local Foods
- The Benefits of Organic Food
- What Are GMO Foods?
- The Need For Sustainable Seafood
- Your Favorite Whole Food / Local Food / Organic Food Restaurants
- Highlight Your Favorite Local Farm or Farmers Market
- Feature Your Favorite Food Activism Organization
- Special Diets: Vegan, Vegetarian, Etc.
- Easy Ways to Eat More Sustainable Food
- Easy Ways to Eat Healthier Foods
- International Hunger - How You Can Help
- Domestic Hunger - How You Can Help
- American Food Deserts
Where/When Should I Write My Blog Post?
- Publish your Food Day post (or posts) between now and Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
- Leave a link to your post in the comments on this post, or send the link to me by DM. Please also include links to your twitter handle and facebook blog page, if you have them. That will make it easier for us to promote you and your post.
- We'll publish a list of everyone's posts on Mary Makes Dinner and on From Maggies Farm on Food Day, October 24, 2012.
- We'll also share your posts on our Food Day Pinterest Board, and on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- You can help promote the Food Day Blog Along using the hashtag #FoodDayBlogAlong on G+, Twitter, and Pinterest!
- We'll email each of you with the list of posts so that you can promote them too.
For more details, and to find out how your blog can participate, please visit this link:
Thanks! I hope to some of you blogging along!