I just finished the last few inches of Tubey (from this past winter's Knitty) the other day. This thing took waaay too long to finish, but I guess that's what happens when school cuts into your knitting time. Done in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes on size 4mm needles, size XS. Which is too big at the waist. (Go figure.) I'm sorry that the "action shot" is kind of lousy-- my digital camera is dying on me and I can't really afford a new one right now.
A progress shot first, so you can get an idea of the colors and detail.
And the finished product. Yep, the sweater is bunchy and rolling at the waist. I'm planning on seaming it, since there's no way anyone could convince me to frog back 12 inches and add in decreases at this point.
Things I did to change the pattern:
The most noticeable, I guess, was to get rid of the bell sleeves and change them to close-fit ribbed ones. I also knit the cross-back piece to fit my actual shoulders, not the size recommended in the pattern.
Things I should have done: Decrease, decrease, decrease once I got past my ribs!
Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for reading, crafty cats.