Wow, that is a long list. I've admired the thread before my room got messy, now I've joined in.. Why? 2 simultaneous swaps and then swap angelling for the swap I organised = no visible carpet.
My "list" was/is as follows:
1) Subtract anything that has not been used for 12 months
2) Tackle each wall/side of the room one at a time (Starting with the walls with shelving is easier and looks much neater in a short time
3) Do not answer calls for the duration unless taking a 10 minute break
4) Do not watch any Movies/ funny shows my friends mentioned except of course The Daily Show
5) Get neat storage boxes and divide up with cardboard, place all paints and crafts into their separate areas in the boxes.
6) Avoid long lunches
7) Give away anything useful but not necessary to Goodwill
Discard garbage /clutter/ might I need that someday items.
So much better.... the Swaptermath (heehee) mess came at the right time as there was so much "stuff" I found I had been looking for and "stuff" I realised I never really needed.
To anyone who is in two minds or just a little lazy.... do it today, you'll feel relaxed, better and free.