so i finished my first ever book. well, an official book, not some folded paper and staples.
the pictures i took are with crappy webcam, ya know...i'll try to update with better quality another time.
i used the coptic stich to bind the pages.
i covered the cover with tissue paper. the top piece was blue, the under piece was pinkish-purple-magenta. i used a piece of lega-sized paper under both for stability in folding around the edges, etc. also, so it'd be against white rather than brown cardboard.
i coated the cover in diluted-elmers to keep it from tearing easily, being tissue paper, and to adhere it better, since i didnt glue the entirity down for fear of glue lumps. as a result, i got this funky texture/colouring which i rather like. the pinky colour wasnt showing before...i hope its masculine enough still.
i made the "c" from sculpy the first time, with 2 holes like a button. it was purple and looked nice, the tie was going to work differently. it broke when i tied it to though, so i made this one from a coat hanger, not having access, this weekend, to copper wire.
i used pretty heavy cardstock for the pages, there are 36...not very many.
it's for a friend's birthday, i hope he likes it.
(sorry i deleted this link when i fixed the pictures: http://photos.yahoo.com/sarahmissourifiorella
. more pictures. of details etc.)