Thanks for the comments, Whitewolves64. Unfortunately, I do not have pattern pieces for this project. I just started cutting out plastic canvas and went crazy. I do, however, have a word document that I wrote for a previous craftster who wanted to know how I did it. It gives dimensions and a list of the steps I took to make it. If you'd like me to send that to you please give me your email address and I will forward to you. Thanks again for looking.
Thanks for all the nice comments. My granddaughter wore it for her birthday party and she looked adorable. She had a white tank top onesie underneath and it was perfect. Of course, Nanny had to make her a tulle hair piece to match and she wore it just above her ponytail. Just too sweet for words - the granddaughter!
My soon to be two year old granddaughter absolutely loves watermelon. I made this tutu for her to have her 2 year old birthday pictures taken in. She wasn't too crazy about trying it on for me until I added the green ribbon and the black seeds. Then she could see it was watermelon and now she loves it and doesn't want to take it off. I used 5 yards of 54" wide melon colored tulle and folded it (the long way) into fourths. I then sewed a 1 inch channel down one edge to make a pocket for the 3/4" wide elastic for the waistband. I decided on the length I needed the finished project to be and I cut the other edge that long. In this case it was 8 inches. Next step was to sew the ribbon along the bottom edge. I sewed it along the edge of the top two layers and the bottom layer. Didn't have enough ribbon to sew it onto the 3rd layer but it really didn't matter. I then cut out about 80-100 black watermelon seeds of various sizes from felt. My plan was to just glue them into place but no glue that I tried would hold anything to the tulle. So I laid out the 5 yards of tulle and pinned on two rows of seeds and proceeded to hand stitch them individually onto the tulle. Those seeds aren't going anywhere! Threaded the tulle onto the elastic and took a seam up the back of tulle and sewed elastic together. Now, cutest and happiest granddaughter on the planet is all ready for her close up! Smiley
Thank you all so much for your comments. I feel very honored to be chosen as a Featured Project and a Hot New Item as well. I love this site. So much creativity. There are wheels on the back underside. I purchased these at an arts and crafts store and painted them black. I had already cut out wheel wells and used a dowel also painted black for the axle. I stitched the axle to the black bottom and added the brace in the front so it would all stand up straight. I used two wooden spools for the propane tanks and I covered them in plastic canvas stitched white. I could have gone on forever adding details. It was so much fun. Thanks again for all the compliments.
Thank you all so very much for your kind words. This was a project of love and I really appreciate all your comments. When I was finally finished I really missed having it to work on every day. I was always looking for some little accessory I could make and add to the finished project. I do have a campfire pattern in mind. Who knows. Maybe one day I'll make it and put it into my daughter's Christmas stocking. Shhhhhhhhhhhh, it will be our little secret.
My daughter and her husband were in the market for a used pop up camper last year. She sent me pictures that she found while they were searching the Internet, of ones that were available. She also sent me a picture of a lamp made out of plastic canvas made to look like a camper (not the pop up type). It was adorable and I knew right away that I was going to make her a pop up version for Christmas. That was in March and it's a good thing I started early. I hadn't worked with plastic canvas for 20 years but of course I still had some in my craft room so I got started right away. First I had to find a model to use. I found a picture on the Internet to use as my model and I was off and running, or stitching I should say. I have posted pictures of the finished product only because I didn't even think to take out the camera during the months of construction. It was a huge job but a very fun one because I was creating from the ground up and using parts of my brain that have been resting for a while. My husband was my consultant and he was a lot of help on the structural questions. Hope you enjoy seeing the finished project. It has a battery operated light installed inside the AC vent on the top and looks very good lit up but I don't have any good pictures showing it that way.