My soon to be two year old granddaughter absolutely loves watermelon. I made this tutu for her to have her 2 year old birthday pictures taken in. She wasn't too crazy about trying it on for me until I added the green ribbon and the black seeds. Then she could see it was watermelon and now she loves it and doesn't want to take it off. I used 5 yards of 54" wide melon colored tulle and folded it (the long way) into fourths. I then sewed a 1 inch channel down one edge to make a pocket for the 3/4" wide elastic for the waistband. I decided on the length I needed the finished project to be and I cut the other edge that long. In this case it was 8 inches. Next step was to sew the ribbon along the bottom edge. I sewed it along the edge of the top two layers and the bottom layer. Didn't have enough ribbon to sew it onto the 3rd layer but it really didn't matter. I then cut out about 80-100 black watermelon seeds of various sizes from felt. My plan was to just glue them into place but no glue that I tried would hold anything to the tulle. So I laid out the 5 yards of tulle and pinned on two rows of seeds and proceeded to hand stitch them individually onto the tulle. Those seeds aren't going anywhere! Threaded the tulle onto the elastic and took a seam up the back of tulle and sewed elastic together. Now, cutest and happiest granddaughter on the planet is all ready for her close up! Smiley
My daughter and her husband were in the market for a used pop up camper last year. She sent me pictures that she found while they were searching the Internet, of ones that were available. She also sent me a picture of a lamp made out of plastic canvas made to look like a camper (not the pop up type). It was adorable and I knew right away that I was going to make her a pop up version for Christmas. That was in March and it's a good thing I started early. I hadn't worked with plastic canvas for 20 years but of course I still had some in my craft room so I got started right away. First I had to find a model to use. I found a picture on the Internet to use as my model and I was off and running, or stitching I should say. I have posted pictures of the finished product only because I didn't even think to take out the camera during the months of construction. It was a huge job but a very fun one because I was creating from the ground up and using parts of my brain that have been resting for a while. My husband was my consultant and he was a lot of help on the structural questions. Hope you enjoy seeing the finished project. It has a battery operated light installed inside the AC vent on the top and looks very good lit up but I don't have any good pictures showing it that way.