As part of my course (Graphic Design) we made Super8 films... as an end of year do we had an Oscars night so that we could all see the films for the first time in style!
I decided a new dress was a must (despite having not sewn properly for a couple of years) and in a fit of lunacy bought a fairly tricky pattern and began cutting at 8pm the night before the event!
I would recommend this pattern to anyone! The bodice was so much easier than I had anticipated, in fact the trickiest bits were fixing the mistakes I made when I got tired (unpicking sucks at 1am)...oh and trying to make a strapless dress fit when you don't have bodyform to pin it on! That involved a lot tightening of the sides and replacing the zip. I admit, tiredness and the pressure to get it done meant that a few bits at the back don't line up exactly and the hem isn't perfect... but pretty darn pleased and ready to choose my next pattern!
Everyone loved it, especially because of the colour... oh and the silk dupion was on sale so the whole thing cost me very little!
Hope you like it (and the film won two oscars so it was success all round!), comments welcome