This image has been around a while and I've been wanting to do one. Sadly I do not paint well. So I made this embriodery, which was heavily inspired by this project:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397461.0#axzz32nAZTmZW
The image of the girl comes from a deviantart page that I can't find to credit and I think may have been recently removed. I traced the image using a Clover washable pen and ruled in some rain and backstiched the image. Here is a picture with all the embriodery complete and it just needing a bath:
Sadly after this things hit a snag, part of the washable Clover pen would not come out. Just a few small patches, but very noticeable. I then spent a lot of time trying to remove it. I tried nappy cleaner and it remained. I scrubbed hard with bi carb soda and water, it faded a little bit. I was wondering if I should just think up something to embrioder over when a friend said to try methylated spirits, or metho in this part of the world. I soaked the patches for a long time.. eventually most of it came out though there are still small patches of the texta here and there. I no longer recomend Clover pens.
It's my first time making an embriodery that is displayed in a hoop and I think it looks great!