Made with a "for big mistakes eraser", plus a speedball carver. Acetone transfer (had to desaturate and print in high quality mode.) Inspired by a piece I had to do for the One Tiny Harry Potter Thing swap!
Tutorial for Acetone Transfer:
- nail polish remover (acetone - I like the lemon cutex, it doesn't smell like ass)
- an old laser printer
- good paper
Fiddle with settings. I like to desaturate colored pictures - the original Hufflepuff house logo was in color - gold and black. Desaturation takes it to black and white and shades of grey.
Print on normal paper. Print at the highest quality. Cut out the image, and place on carving medium/eraser.
Fully drench the image with acetone. Working quickly, press down on it hard to get the image transferred. Check image, and if the paper dries too quickly, add more acetone to the area. (I like to use paper towel, it captures most of the run off and you can use it for a couple more presses.)
- don't carve too deeply - you can always go over the thing again
- for tight corners you can always do two cuts
- for smaller cuts, you can do shallower cuts
- for small areas, you can approach from two angles (like the claws on this stamp) --> the tool tends to skip on smaller areas