I'm sure someone's done this before... but I'm gonna make a topic for it.
I armed myself with a roll of tape and some candy wrappers and created this wallet. http://her.eternalthought.com/222.jpghttp://her.eternalthought.com/333.jpg
Tips: Don't use cardboard as a base because it won't stay folded. A regular piece of printer paper will suffice.
Glue the wrappers down with a gluestick first to make it easier to tape down.
Okay, so... lemme try to make instructions.
1. Cut out a piece of paper the size you want your wallet to be. Mine's 8" x 3.25".
2. Gluestick your wrappers down. It won't stay very well, but well enough for you to tape it down.
3. Coat both sides with clear packing tape.
4. Now, make a middle strip to keep your money in place. Basically, it just goes across the wallet. Don't worry about the bottom yet. You can use another sheet of paper for backing/support if you want. I didn't find it necessary.
5. Okay, so now you need a bottom and a place of your IDs and stuff. Cut out a piece of paper the size of your ID and glue the wrappers on. Make a second one and tape them together on the front. DON'T TAPE DOWN THE ENTIRE BACK. You can "laminate" the back of the wrappers, but you need a little sticky strip down the middle. (See picture later)
6. Tape it down to the bottom edge and sides.
7. Cut out the little sticky square that tapes back to the backing. It's a little confusing to explain, so here's a picture: http://her.eternalthought.com/bunny.jpg
Errr a little confusing.. Sorry.
Press down on the crease with an iron real quick to make it stay closed.