Swap name: eReader/Tablet Case Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: thebakersgirl
Sign-up date range: 3/14/11-3/28/11
Date to send item by: 4/25/11
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement?Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
This swap is open to anyone who owns and loves any kind of eReader (Kindle, Nook, Sony, etc) or tablet (iPad, Xoom, etc). You will be crafting one case, cover, or cosy (whatever you want to call it!) for your partner's device, along with two extra items. I suggest the extra items be themed around your partner's favorite book/character, but you and your partner may also choose to swap general reading-related items.
The case will qualify as one large item, and the two extras should each be small items. Here are the general guidelines for judging item size:By Time
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
~Please take photos of your items before you send. Remember that you must get a DC# when sending, and PM this number to the organizer and your partner upon sending.
~Don't forget to PM the organizer and your partner upon receiving. Take some good pictures of what you received and post them to the gallery as soon as you can.
~Please try to post in the thread at least once a week. This is just to encourage good communication between all members of the swap.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Will you take photos of your items before sending in case your partner is not able to take their own?
Do you agree to post in the thread at least once a week?
Allergens in your house?
Allergies you have?
For the case:
What device do you own? (Kindle/Nook/iPad/etc)
Would you be willing to swap with a person with a different device?
What kind of case would you like to receive? (A brief description will help with pairing!)
What kind of case would you like to/be able to send?
Least favorite color?
Least favorite patterns?
For the extras:
What crafts would you particularly like to receive?
What crafts do you do most?
What crafts would you rather not receive?
Please list any links you would like your partner to have (wist, blog, etc):
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
kriSmith -> Thimbles71
sparrowarms -> dfabbric
PurplePaisley -> Chughes225
aethelberga -> acquiescent
halblingefrau -> honeyd
puzzled-penguin -> thebakersgirl