here's a little something i made this weekend. it's a red wool felt (from joann's) with black sateen (fake satin) lining. i did use buckram (sp?) on the handle to give it more shape. i used mid-heavyweight iron-on interfacing for the rest o' the purse. my model was my inspiration, but the purse is still for me:
for the little doggie, i'm no artist, so i printed out a little clipart doggie from Word, pinned it to the fabric, and traced with a fabric marker. then, using a embroidery hoop, i stitched (running stitch) over the marker lines.
the straps turned out longer and wider than i'd originally planned, but that's what happens when you watch TV while sewing and don't pay attention.
and this was my first attempt with a magnetic snap. i found them 2/$1.14 at Walmart (what a steal!). you have to put them in before you assemble the bag, and add little extra squares of interfacing at the spot of attachment beforehand.
sorry i didn't make a tutorial, but it's basically the same as all the other bags (ie. hole in the lining, pull thru). i didn't have a pattern, so i just made one up out of newspaper (wash hands frequently if you use it) with roughly the size i wanted.