um, hi. I made a Star Trek blanket. It's still not finished, as I still have to sew a lining on the back to cover up all the loose ends.
Colors in the second pic are more accurate. I used about 10 balls Bernat Satin on sz 7's for the blanket and Lion Brand Glitterspun (two gold, one silver) for the logo, which I duplicate stitched because my gauge was totally different for the two yarns. You can't really tell from the pics, it's stockinette with a 2" seed stitch border. It ended up being 42" wide x 56ish" long. If I had to do it over again, I'd switch the silver and the gold so the writing would stand out more. My initial plan was to have the circle in the middle and a small communicator from each of the series in each corner, but alas, the charts weren't working out so well and by the time I finished the middle circle, I wanted to kill the thing so I decided to quit.
ETA: fixed the pics. It took me about 3 months or so....I was unemployed at the time so it didn't take too long