Some of you might remember me as flying_gum_wrapper, but due to circumstances, I had to change my name *cries*. But here I finally have the instructions and pictures of my portable zen garden! Yay!
1. Start with an old pencil case with a graphic you like (or you can always start with a gross one and paint it). I love Hello Kitty, so I used this old tin hello Kitty pencil case, that had a lot of scratches on the inside, and the inside tray.
2. Then, to cover up the scratches, I broke out my ginormous collection of HK stickers, and covered up all the little nicks with stickers. You don't have to cover up the nicks in the tray, because that's where the sand goes.
3. Then you put the sand in! I used this nifty pink sand that I had from one of those old sand art kits, because it matches real cute. ^^
4. Next you take a sand rake (if you dont have one, you can use a fork, etc) and rake the sand into purty patterns.
5. Now most sand gardens have rocks, or little porcelain bridges or whatnot. I used these cute pink dice that I got free with a magazine, they have phrases like 'hot' and 'love' and 'cute' on them, I thought they went nicely.
6. Last of all, if you have one with a removable tray like I do, you can store money and stuff in the bottom ^^.
Hope you likes it!!