Hey there everyone, this thread will be repository of my wedding stuff. I've changed my mind about what/how/where/when I'm doing my wedding sooooo many times, and I've FINALLY decided on all the major things (venue, reception venue, honeymoon, theme) and have deposits down.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE FUN STUFF!
Now, for the obligatory list of things I, FH, or family need to make, craft, arrange, finagle, swing, etc. etc. etc...1. The dress
- FMIL (the dear) is very generously making this for me (Here is a photo for the teaser... MORE PHOTOS IN POST #2
):2. FH's outfit
- FMIL and FFIL are making this for FH. FH's dad does leatherworking and will be making quite a few black leather pieces to go with his outfit.3. Etched drinking glasses
for FH and myself.4. The flowers
- All flowers will be done by me. My flowers will all be silk, and the flowers pictured below are what I have so far. The price I paid is under my own bouquet budget, on top of that I scored some flowers for my bridesmaids, too!
TOTAL COST: $45.19 (Thank God for Joann's clearances! Full price would have been $131 and change)
This is my tentative bouquet. It's not wrapped and is still a work in progress.
Me being a dork.5. Ceremony aisle decor
- Ribbons? Flowers? Not sure about this one yet.6. The guestbook
- I ended up buying this - Photos are later in this post.7. General reception area decorations
- I'm thinking of hanging butterflies or fairies, as this will be an early-evening reception with lots and lots of twinkling lights.8. Invitations - Almost done! Photos in next post
9. Programs10. Seating Chart11. Menu cards12. Seating cards13. Write our vows
- I write mine, he writes his :p14. Favors
- I have decided to do wedding favors - we're having a candy buffet
I will also include some of the wedding stuff I've bought. I know it's not crafty at all, but I think it definitely helps to see the whole picture.
We bought these for $4 apiece at FAO Schwartz in Vegas. Love 'em!
I bought this *awesome* guestbook for about $50 (including shipping) at The Guestbook Store, website is here: http://www.guestbookstore.com/wedding.html
- I probably could have made it, but dang, they did such a great job!
The Guestbook itself
The front page that guests will fill out, it includes spaces for the guest's name, a portrait of the bride and groom drawn by the guest, where the guest is from and how far they traveled, how do you know the bride and groom, and the guest's wishes for us.
The back page that guests will fill out, it includes advice for the newlyweds, a self portrait of the guest, predictions - date of first child, number of children, name the children - and guest's favorite bride and groom memory.