I made myself another cotton jersey top.
A long sleeved one in bordeaux red this time.
I apologize for the poor picture quality. The weather has been nothing but dark and gloomy over here lately.
Since I have fibro, I was going for a comfortable top, for daily wear throughout the year. Despite it having to be comfortable (which also means I don't wear a bra most of the time), I wanted it to have style and be a little feminine.
Both the front and the back consist of four pieces. The top part, a middle part and two sides. The front has got bust darts (I was a bit worried about them, because I wasn't sure I would 'fill them up', but that turned out okay).
I used a commercial pattern from an old Dutch magazine: Knip Mode, september 1996, model 16 (a combined pattern for a dress and a top, just a difference in length). I made some adjustments.
The pattern was fitted at the waist and had a zipper in one side, but that wouldn't do for me. So I added quite some extra space for the waist area.
I also added about an inch of length to the body and the sleeves.
Oh, and I top-stitched most of the seems, because I think that looks better.
This is how I prefer to wear my tops, with the sleeves pulled up. Marc doesn't like me doing that, LOL.
And this is what the back looks like. It has small darts too.
I am so happy with this top that I decided I am going to make a couple more in different colors. I started working on a turquoise blue one.
I'd love to hear what you think of it!