1) Crickets Techno Cozy from SnB-Pretty easy project. Great stashbuster. I would recommend it to all beginners!
well, here it is
unicorn button that i loooove. sorry for the blur
close up of striping
2) Ipod Cozy-My latest variation. I love the contrast of hardcore technology with cozy crafts! This one has to cables going across the front horizontally and garter stitch everywhere else. Just your average rectangle sewed together. another stashbuters
as modeled by my kitchen table
close ups of cables
th back-cables turn into st st
3) Wristwarmers-so cute, so easy, so fun, what a crowd-pleaser. (random yarn scraps)
i know that i'm a nerd.
this wristband made a 5-year-old very happy! she wants to be just like her sister
4) SnB's hot head-easiest had ever! stashbuster. colors inspired by the sunset.
don't mind me...
close-up of colors
5) this is supposed to be the soft-as-a-bunny makeup case from Hollywood Knits (i know, i know). I used fun fur. I actually sewed a zipper on, which was pretty much the biggest sewing thing i have ever done. unfortuanately, i did not forsee the issues of the not-so-fun-anymore fur getting stuck in the zipper. I gave it a little trim (ha), but i still wish that it was a bit less, well, furry. nevertheless, when i take it to camp with me, everyone wants to pet it, and i know that i will definitely not lose it and no one will steal it.
zipper that i am oh so proud of!
6) Here is an adorable scarf and slipper set thatI made for my five-year-old sister, GiGi. The scarf was inspired by Last Minute Gift's
Childrens Rainbow Scarf. The slippers are based loosely on the MARYJane Slipper pattern that I found on Craftster. For the scarf, I casted on 8 stitches and worked in a k2 p2 rib. It works up fast; I knit two in a day. I also added fringe on the end because I thought it would be cute. Both are made with cheapo acrylic yarn I picked up at AC Moore.
Gigi modeling her new scarf and slippers.
close up of stockinette stitch on slipper
close up of 2x2 ribbing on scarf
rock n roll chica!
7) Yo! Drop it! Scarf from SnBNation It took me ages (okay, a couple of days) to figure out the drop stitch. The ribbon yarn is really nicely showcased by the drop stitch. Well, here it is:
my mom stole it and made it her new favorite scarf
close up of the drop stitch
the color looks soooo much better in person, like an olivey green with golded tones.
please enjoy and comment! positive and negative comments welcome!
ps these used to be 7 different posts, but i just made it into one big one. Sorry for clogging the board!