Ok I bought this purse kit at Hancock's
And everything was fine up until step number 4.
DIRECTIONS: 1/2" seam allowance unless otherwise noted
1. Following manufacturer's directions, fuse interfacing to wrong sides of front/back, gusset and yoke pieces.
2. RST, stitch one 13" yoke piece to each 13" edge of front/back (purse) piece. Press seams.
3. RST, place top edge of one gusset piece 1/2" above yoke seam line and align long raw edge of gusset piece to
long edge of front/back piece. Pin. Start stitching line 1/2" from top of gusset piece, stopping 1/2" from opposite end. (See Diagram #1)
4. Turn bottom of gusset piece to match side edges of front/back. Pin. Clip to form comer as shown. Pin. Stitch to within 1/2" of edge. (See Diagram #2)
5. Turn side of gusset piece to match long side of front/back piece. Pin. Clip to form comer as shown. Stitch to
with in 1/2" of gusset top. (See Diagram #3) NOTE: You will have stitched around three sides of gusset piece
forming one side of purse.
6. Repeat steps 3 -4 for other side of purse. Turn purse to right side. Press.
7. Repeat steps 2 -4 for lining. Leave lining wrong side out.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in #4, and Diagram #2 just confuses me even more.
Help would be really appreciated.