here's my version! this was a fun post-christmas just-for-me project! thanks for the inspiration!
hmm... it's kinda hard to see the color variation between his face and his beard/hair. maybe if i had some natural light for photos. oh well! i actually didn't have any appropriately colored yarn scraps, so (being the impatient person that i am!) i dyed my white yarn with tea. i think i may have to add an embroidered buckle for his belt too!
i am completely new at poly clay and have been doing some reading here on craftster and at diane b.'s glass attic. i made some flat tiles that i want to sand and buff, and maybe add some kind of polish/finish to make them more shiny. i read that using a dremel is a good way to do the sanding and buffing, so i tried it. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i can't tell any difference between tiles i've worked on and those i haven't! maybe i'm not doing it long enough? maybe i'm using the wrong tools? here's some pics of everything; i'm hoping someone can offer some suggestions. first, here's some of the tiles. the blue ones have some transparent clay marbled in. the whitish ones are all transparent clay, and have some silver leaf on them.
this is my dremel and the attachments i've tried for sanding/buffing.
and here's the other attachments i have in my toolbox. do i have the right things, or do i need to go get something different?
so i had never tried bead embroidery, but i was inspired by the beaded mermaid craftalong and other beaded dolls i've seen here on craftster. but i'm not really a doll kind of person, so i thought i'd try something flat instead. what do you guys think? (and how on earth do you get decent photos of your beaded projects?)
it's not quite finished, but i felt like posting it anyways. it was (also) inspired by a friend of mine who is a fisherman and whom i have a desperate crush on. err... well, maybe not a crush. desperate feeling of a less innocent nature, shall we say?
anyways, now that it's almost done, i have no idea what to do with it. i guess it was partly one of those process as therapy as opposed to finished product focused kind of projects. but i'd still like to find something useful to do with it, if i can. any ideas?
Okay everyone, post your goodies here! (ooh, that sounds vaguely naughty, doesn't it? i mean the stuff you receive in the *swap* of course! haha.)
and i know it's not good manners, but i will go ahead and boast that my package arrived already! yay! i received an adorable totebag, a cute rubber stamp, a CD of celtic music, and a fabulous necklace. i already wore the necklace to work today (my package actually arrived yesterday, but i got home late and didn't have time to post) and received many compliments on it. great job, and thank you to theatregirl25!!! here's the pics:
well, i didn't make my ubernatural with long sleeves, but i'll post it here anyways, since lesophie was the one who encouraged me to finish it. i think sewing the buttons on made it cuter, i'm so impressed with the finished product! i used lamb's pride bulky, so i had to play with the pattern since my guage was different. i also didn't do the YOs for the raglan increases. so before i show the pics - does anyone have any suggestions for getting the lamb's pride to stop shedding mohair all over the place?!
and without further ado, here it is, in all its ubernatural-ness...
well, i had abandoned this project for a while because of sizing/gapping issues on the top. finally, i decided if i was going to fix those problems, i might as well make it a dress i'd be more likely to wear. i made it floor length, and it now has more of a "shell" instead of the straps up top. so this is my modified version of the pattern:
i was really inspired by this lace pattern, but the sleeveless, strapless nature of the original pretty much ensured i wouldn't wear a true "Lelah." so here is my version, which is a Lelah/Bad Penny (from knitty) combination:
a close-up of the lace (notice the fishtails point in the opposite direction because bad penny is a top-down raglan):
and modeled my moi:
this was a fun project; thanks for the pattern, HelenaJane!