An easy bag I made once that required little sewing and even less expense... I'd think it would serve the purpose for fundraising.
Its easy and requires very little sewing. Its incredibly sturdy as well... I've been using mine as a gym bag during the off season, a track bag during spring and winter, and now its even housing my field hockey gear! Its yet to rip or break or even pop a seam, and thats pretty good considering all the crap I stuff in there, including my track spikes!
What You'll Need:
* A sweatshirt or tshirt, preferrably oversized for a bigger bag
* A shoelace or two
* Needle and thread
1) Get an old shirt
2) Turn shirt inside out
3) Cut off the arms and the top of the shoulders
4) Sew the parts that you cut apart together
5) Turn your bag normal side out
6) Cut a small slit in the cuff, near where one of the side seams is. If there are seams on both sides, make holes at each side of the seam so that the shoelace(s) can pass through. Cut another small slit in the corner of the bag. (Detail below)
7) Depending on how long you want the strap, either thread one shoelace through the waist cuff, or tie two together and thread them through.
Finish off your bag by tieing the ends of the shoelace(s) together through the hole in the corner. You can't see it very well, but thats whats going on in this picture