SO, I love the resin/bottlecap stuff but because i live in a NYC apt, i don't really have a well ventilated area to work with the resin. SO i thought i would try decoupage and see how it worked with the bottletops(totally 100% inspired by this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57146.0
They didn't turn out that bad. But I realized that since decoupage(at least the kind i use) is water soluble having them interact with any type of moister would be a problem, so who knows what they will end up being.
, here are the pics.....
The first one I made was all glass beads, different colors and sizes...
The next one I used a few red and white beads(maybe a couple of clear ones) and this red painted piece of wood(perhaps bulsa wood because it was very easy to break, but i am not sure if that was a result of the type of wood or because it was pretty thin...i know very little about wood)......The wood piece sucked up all the glue and turned it red which it is all red.
and the last one was just a small start sticker with a few green seed beads(i think i should have used more....)
What I found with all three was the glue contracted a lot as it dried. I am not sure how well you can see how shallow the glue is but i filled all three up to the top of the cap with glue. Only the third one still looks "full"(for lack of a better word). It still looks a little cloudy....but they are cool all the same.
I have to try resin...i will just have to put a fan in the window!
Just thought I would share...thanks for looking