So I finally finished this messenger bag I started waaaaay back in November. It's been sitting around half done for a while but I got motivated to finish it earlier tonight. It's only the second bag I've sewn and parts of it was a major pain, but I'm so proud it's done that I had to share! Yay for one less half done project sitting around.
I made it from the Butterick See & Sew B4583 pattern with some modifications to the inside pockets. It's pretty simple looking on the outside. I was not having much luck hunting down a sturdy fabric that had a fun pattern, so I went with a solid gray for the outside since I planned to pin buttons on it anyway. But for the inside, I found this awsome blue fabric with black swirls that is so fun and colorful. Anyway, here are some photos of my creation!
Outside of the bag with some fun buttons already pinned on:
The pattern called for two pockets but I didn't really like them so much, so I added my own. One for the cell phone, one for pens/crochet hooks, and one bigger "stuff" pocket.