Here is my progress:
I had a temporary panic attack when I realized that I completely messed up and got confused by the row gauge. I had the stitch gauge figured out correctly but I totally misread the row gauge. I won't repeat it all here (more details on my blog: http://girlwhoknits.blogspirit.com
) but in short, I thought that with my row gauge (26) being "under" the pattern gauge (30), I would need to add rows in order to make up for the missing length. It dawned on me this weekend that I have been all wrong. I may be under in numbers but that means that I will have longer stitches leaving me with an already longer garment if I followed the pattern as it is written. I was pretty close to ripping it all out but I think I have come up with a work around and am going to continue on.
Also, I am for sure going to run out of my main color yarn. I ordered two more skeins of it yesterday just to be safe. So make sure you have enough yarn with this vest. I am hoping to cut the steeks this weekend so I will see how much I can get done this week. Despite my trials I am still loving the vest.