I got this cabinet from a friend who was tearing out the kitchen in a local historical home. I'm embarrassed to admit that it sat like this in my craft room/office untouched for about 10 years... It's been on my list of "things to do one day" for as long as I can remember.
Here are the specifics:
I found the old desk top at our local Habitat Restore for about 5 dollars, I had been looking for a piece of countertop, but this was already about the right size and only had a couple of chips near the edge that I was able to camouflage with some brown paint.
The hardware I soaked in a crockpot of soapy water overnight. Thankfully I used an old dip sized crockpot that I've always hated (crock doesn't lift out) because the crockpot was RUINED afterward. If you do this, pick one up at a yardsale or thrift shop, do not use your good crockpot!!! I was thrilled to find the hammered copper handles underneath years of funk and paint!
The paint I used is Benjamin Moore Advance semi-gloss waterborne alkyd in Wethersfield moss (which is actually pretty close to the original green that the cabinet was painted - happy accident).
I designed the panel motifs myself and ran them through the Silhouette cutting machine and painted them like a stencil with black acrylic paint. I had initially wanted to spray paint them and still think it would've turned out nicer had I done that, but when it's 15 degrees out and you NEED to get a project finished, you improvise.
I realized after I had affixed the first stencil and painted, that the phoenix birds were facing the wrong direction, I'd planned for them to both face inward. Also once the doors were installed, I noticed that the design on the right is about 1/4 inch higher than the one on the left hand cabinet door. I may decide one day to take the cabinet doors off and rehab them again, but for now, I'm pretty please with how it turned out.