It all started with an ugly crockpot. I've had it since our housewarming party 12 years ago. It served its purpose and I didn't really hate it, but it was starting to look ROUGH. Like "embarrassing to take to a potluck" rough. So I ran across this tutorial: http://angela-thesimplethings.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-paint-crock-pot.html and thought I'd give it a try. Nothing to lose but an ugly crockpot afterall...
Here she is in all her glory (please don't judge how gross she looked before)
Taped off with plastic bags (bottom/inside), masking tape (top/knob) and packing tape (handles). I recommend the packing tape because it tends to go around the curves better than masking tape did.
Planning the layout...
After 50 coats of yellow automotive paint - if I had it to do again, I would have primed it in white to cover the flowers better.
Final vinyls applied and ready for the red.
I just finished early this afternoon and took the vinyl off about an hour ago. I have NOT cooked in it yet (and honestly will probably give it a week or two to cure to be on the safe side.