The theme for the sixth crochet challenge is combined techniques
! Create anything you want using more than one technique. That could be crochet with embroidery, crochet with knitting, crochet with cross stitch, crochet with melted beads, crochet with apple pie. Okay, that last one is weird, but you get the point.
I am going to make an executive decision that tunisian and regular crochet do not count, since tunisian is a form of crochet.The format
When posting your challenge entry, please post it under Crochet Challenge Entries
. In the message body, post the title of your entry and clear pictures.The Deadline
The crafting period will last three weeks
for this challenge. Enter now until December 7th at 11:59 EST
in order to be considered for the challenge! DEADLINE EXTENDEDThe Prizes
(the best part!):
The winner of this challenge will recieve:
A $25 gift certificate for Artsygal! Spend it on the handpainted yarn or roving of your choice.All prizes donated by the people mentioned. If you would like to donate a prize for the crochet challenge, please PM me.
- Members do not
need to have a certain post count or have been a member for so long to participate. Everyone is welcome!
- All items must be handmade by the poster.
- The central item must be crocheted.
- Only one entry per poster, though you may incorporate multiple things into your one entry (such as with a set)
- Items can be as big or as small as you want, unless otherwise stated in the theme.
- You must use the theme provided.
- If using a pattern that is not your own, please alter the pattern at least 25% in order to maintain creativity in challenge entries (that does not mean changing the color!)
- this is an important one:
Make sure all pictures are visible through the time of voting. During voting, I will be posting the actual picture in the voting slot, so make sure people can view them! Craftster offers reliable picture hosting to registered members and also incorporates photobucket software into the code to make photobucket accounts easier to use. Take advantage of these features!The Themes:
All themes are suggested and voted on by Craftster members. To suggest a theme to be considered in the next crochet challenge, see this thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132209.0