Attention all Kiwi Craftsters: New Competion put on by Hamilton City Council, Waikato Times, The Body Shop, and others.
TRASH to FASHIONCategories:Secondary School Students
MATERIALS USED MUST DISPLAY CONCEPT OF RE-USE AND RECYCLING
Intermediate School Students
- 'Recycled Retro'
Use recycled and disgarded garments to create a unique design. The garment must be an original design made from a minimum of 4 disgarded garments. No more than 50% of any garment may be used. Voucher Prize $300 Winner, $100 2 x Highly Commended
- 'Trekking across the Universe'
Rummage through waste in your neighborhood and create the ultimate outfit for trekking across the universe. Cash Prize $300 Winner , $100 2 x Highly Commended
- 'Liter bug or Glitter big?'
Collect litter from around our beautiful city to create a garment that is wearable art and reflects Hamilton City and Culture. Cash Prize $300 Winner, $100 2 x Highly Commended
- 'It's a Wrap'
Transform wrappings and waste from the food industry into a fantasy garment; let your creative juices flow. Cash Prize $300 Winner, $100 2 x Highly Commended
- 'Classic Cuts'
Create a classic garment from "man made' rubbish in a neighborhood near you. Cash Prize $300 Winner, $100 2 x Highly Commended
This garment must be innovative, let your imagination run wild. The creation is to be made from business waste, which could be sourced from www.nothrow.co.nz Cash Prize $300 Winner, $100 2 x Highly Commended
SUPREME WINNER: $1000 Cash and Trophy
YOUNG DESIGNER: $500 Vouchers
Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee of $15- this includes one ticket for the show. Cheques made payable to: The Body Shop
Conditions of entry
- The garment must be made from throw away waste. (Penalties for new or unused items).
- All entrants must supply their own model to show the garment. The model must be available for ALL rehearsals and the live performance.
- A schedule of rehearsal times (which will take place in the week prior to the event) will be sent to contestants the week entries close.
- A brief written description explaining the creation and material used must be available by the 12th April.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event of a dispute over which section an entry will be judged in, the organising committee's decision is final.
- Any number of entries may be submitted per person but each submission has a non-refundable entry fee of $15.
- The Young Designer Award will go to an entry in the Intermediate or Secondary school categories.
- Creations must be able to be worn at least 3 times. The garments must be safe to wear. No staples or protruding wire, sharp edges, etc.
Deliver or Post by 2 April 2006 to:
Trash to Fashion Awards 2006
The Body Shop, 70 Ward St Hamilton
Phone (07) 834 3174 Fax (07) 834 8128