Guess what I didn't last night. I made a duct tape dress form. Actually i stood around and my husband made a duct tape dress form. It was pretty fun. I definately suggest making it infront of the TV while watching a movie or something because otherwise you will be bored. It too 2 hours to make. It is really easy. and now here are the pictures. Remeber i warned you about my lumps and bumps.
this is me striking a pose. you will notice the loveliness of my bathroom. I had wanted to see myself in the mirror and my husband followed me with the camara.
this is the back view. notice that the duct tape is not yet complete. i just really had to move, it had been an hour and a half of standing still and i was going crazy.
this lovely image highlights the sleeve that i pulled over my head after i realized my hair was getting taped. not that my hair is very long to begin with but still. I need all i have. Hehe.
1. Basically you just find 2 old tee-shirts that are nice a tight on you, you don't want any weird wrinkles. Make sure you are wearing old undies, my husband put a hole in mine as he was cutting me out of the thing. take 1 tee and cut it right under the arms, you wear this one like a skirt. Wearing a bra (or not depending on how you usually dress) put the other tee shirt on and pull it down oter your new skirt.
2. Get like 3 or 4 rolls of duct tape. Mine took 3 and I am a size 24 ish. have your helper start taping you up making sure that the duct tape is smooth. use shorter pieces to go over curves, boobs, etc. You should also rip you strips in half for the curvy areas.
3. Continue on until you have about 3 layers all over.
4. Have your helper carefully cut you out of your duct tape suit by making a cut up the back. the duct tape suit will be very flexable right now, don't worry it will firm up as you stuff it.
5. close up the back slice with duct tape. tape over the neck opening and both arm openings. flip your double over and stuff it with lots of stuffing. I bought a 10 lb. box of stuffing and it took nearly all of it.
6. When you have your double stuffed you can tape over the bottom end or if you are feeling really fancy you can trace the opening on cardboard and make a cardboard plug and tape that on.
7. I just put another tee shirt on my double for now. or you can sew a special covering for it to wear so you can pin things on it.
I fully plan to make another one out of paper machet and a garbage bag soon. I think it might not colapse as much as i'm trying to stuff it, etc.