Hi! My name is Shawna. I live in Augusta, Maine with my husband Patrick (craftrick_patrick). I have 2 dogs, Bean and Bagel; 2 cats, Broccoli and Zachary; 3 fish, Pickle, Hawk, and Moe; and a turtle named Bruce. I am currently in a course though the hospital I work for to become recertified as a Nursing Assistant. We just moved from NY last January and the state of Maine doesn't let anyone transfer their CNA liscence, so I have to retake to class. It is a fun class and since I am doing through the hospital I will be guarenteed a job at one of the nursing home that are affiliated with them when I pass my test. I will be taking the test right before christmas so cross your fingers....
I'm going to be spending my first holliday season in Maine this year, I'll have to work at the nursing home on Christmas and Thanksgiving so I would be able to get to NY to see my family. It will be the 2nd christmas that Patrick and I have spent at home together and the first that I will have to work. It will be nice though because I love my residents at the nursing home. And I think my husband will probably come the the Christmas party that we will throw the the residents and their family on Christmas day. So that will be special. Long story short I need Christmas decorations. I have tons of ornaments for the tree, I just don't have much for the rest of the appartment. I live in an appartment on the 3rd floor of an old house. It's nice because we have the whole floor to ourselves. It is also the biggest appartment we have ever had so my little box of decorations isn't going to cut it.
My favorite things for Christmas are....Penguins
, the colors blue, sliver and white, Anything vintagy...
My favorite colors in general are earth tones, deep shades of purple, reds, dark blues, jewel tones...So anything in either of those color schemes would be awsome.
Some of my favorite things to do are:
reading; I love Harry Potter, anything by Wen Spencer, Laurie Notaro
I love and collect cookbooks, i have all the Rachel Ray books
I love anything Fantasy, Fairies, elves, dwarves, dragons
I play D&D, Magic, Scrabble (very dirty little secret, hehe), all kinds of board games
I love anything craft related
And now for the wish list...
1. Craft supplies or a kit to learn a craft. I love yarn, and fabric, and beads and glitter and all that kind of stuff. I would love to learn how to do needle felting or atc cards.
2. I would love a jar of whimsy's, little bits of this and that...
3. I would love this purse in this color. or in any other color. It is a beautiful knit. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTpercy.html
4. For my husband, I would love a Hawaiian Shirt. He loves them. His favorite color is red. I think he also looks good in blue. Size xl. Short sleeves please, he has really long arms and long sleeves are just really hard to fit on him.
5. a tote bag with a freezer stencil or screen print of a penguin on it.
6. I would love anything Christmasy...Decorations, recipes, etc...
7. If anyone from england would like to claim me I would love you forever for a Cadbury Flake bar. Seriously...Just 1 cadbury flake bar....
8. A distressed steciled or screen printed tee sz 3x ish. something I can wear with jeans or cords for a casual look.
9. Pretty patchwork skirt, drawstring or elastic would be best. sized 3xish.
10. surprize me. I love everything crafted...I really do.
Thanks so much to anyone who picks me for gifting.