i made this with a couple of my mother crafting ladies for one of our number who got knocked up--she and her husband like to dress up as pirates for fun, so we thought it would be a good theme and we worked on this together over the course of a month, maybe. it's rare in my world that a group project is actually a group project, but all three of us definitely brought something to the table every time with this one.
this is the back, with the traditional X marking the spot--i forgot to take a picture after we finished the treasure chest off with ribbons (so it actually looks like a chest instead of a square), but here is the inside--
with the baby's name and birthdate embroidered.
design and group working dynamics made this take a while to put together, but actual work was fairly straight-forward. if, for whatever reason, i should need to produce another pirate blanket, i feel equal to the task! i've got more detail photos, if anyone wants to see closer...just didn't know if this was really quilty enough to go here and didn't want to clog up the works.