I've been working on these for a couple of weeks and finally got it down. I made some mistakes with the first ones where the fabric was spilling over the leather. I finally have something I'm happy with. The brown one was almost perfect, but I made it too long so it doesn't work too well for pockets. I gifted it to my mom's husband. The teal one was the first one I did. But cash pocket was too high and you could see it while the wallet was closed and I didn't like that. I want the fabric to be a surprise.
I wish I could jot down my patterns and repeat a purse that I make. I always seem to just wing it like I did with this one. I used two and a half placemats to construct the outer body and the handles. It has a magnetic closure and I used the upholstery fabric for the inner lining and side pockets. The placemat was so structurally sound that I didn't need to use any stiffeners/interfacing in the purse.
This took me about 90 minutes to complete. I love peplums because they are so flattering. I wanted to try something I'd seen on Pinterest, but wanted to work with what I found. The full tutorial is on my blog, but I put in darts to taper the waist and used part of a second shirt. Now I've got another project in mind for the other shirt and can't wait to see how that pans out.
I wanted to try doing zipper and still keep the integrity of the placemat even though I did have to cut it down some to get the dimension I wanted. This took quite a while of trying to figure out stitching when it was too thick for my sewing machine.
My friend is getting married for the second time to my other friend. I'm attending their destination wedding. I wanted to do something special for her and made this. It's a wristlet for her to put some of her things (phone, lipstick/gloss, etc). All I knew was that her dress was a satin ruched ivory dress. I saw it once months ago so I really hope it matches and that she likes it. Inside is a picture that her fiance sent me with he and her two daughters and the other side is a quote along with a picture of their engagement that I took off her FB.
Made something for myself last weekend for an event yesterday. The pattern got a bit confusing at times and I made a couple of goofs not turning over the pattern pieces when I cut, but luckily I was able to make some adjustments and the error is only seen on the wrong side. I looked all over online for help when I got stuck and didn't find it so I'll be transcribing all my notes later to help someone else out there who decides to try it. Took a total of 14 hours for the dress. The purse I completed on another night.
I really loved my little purse but it was falling apart. So I used a dollar store placemat to reconstruct the same style. My husband got me a Superman duct tape which I used for the overlay. I'll do a proper blog of the project but wanted to share the effort. I reused the zippers, strap and front pocket for the new purse.