My sister's first baby is due at the end of August. There was some super-pretty seashell fabric in my FLFS. And there was a patchwork class at the local agricultural show today. These seemingly unrelated events resulted in this:
This is a bit of a weird project - it's the first thing I've made that I'm not sure I like. Seriously, I got up this morning, took a look at it, and pulled a face. What manner of monster had I created from those pretty fabrics? I did still take it to the show for the lols and because I'd made the effort to finish it in time, but I knew it didn't have a chance really (especially when I saw how many other entries there were). I struggled with pretty much all of it - there was no pattern, just a picture I found online (this one
) and a handy pack of baby wipes to give myself a basis for the dimensions - and had to "save" myself from some pretty dumb mistakes with greater or lesser success, such as getting confused by the French Braid (I managed to make it too narrow *twice*!), fluffing the lining and orientation of the pockets, and wrestling with the plastic, which I've never used before and which was horrible until I remembered to turn my presser foot pressure right up! And I really wish I'd just done diagonal line quilting instead of following the chevron shapes - I think it would have looked much better.