So I got this large scale She-Ra fabric off eBay and decided to make a pillow. Luckily I got enough to make a scalloped flap in the back so I wouldn't ruin Swift Wind's head. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, especially the trim.
What I did:
1. Cut out one square with She-Ra and two with Swift Wind. The characters were framed with a triple border printed right on the fabric so this was super-easy. I think they're all about 18" square. My fabric was thin, so I also cut everything from white muslin and lined it. You'd want to do this for the back flaps anyway.
2. Cut around Swift Wind's profile on the main fabric and the muslin adding 5/8" seam allowances.
3. Leaving about 1.75" overlap, cut the other Swift Wind panel and muslin on a diagonal to go behind the scallop panel.
4. Sew the muslin to the flaps and turn right side out.
5. Stitching in the seam allowances, sew the trim to the front of the She-Ra (front) panel with the outside of the trim facing inward.
6. Sew the back flaps to the front panels.
I also added snaps to the back flap to keep it closed. This was an after thought, so my stitching showed. It would be ideal to attach the snaps to the muslin on the scalloped flap BEFORE it's sewn to the main fabric.
Anyway, comments welcome! This board is so great! I've never seen so many creative people all in one place!