I had a pair of jeans i just adored, but they had a big hole from a night of drinking and fence climbing.. oops. But, not only did i make this sweet clutchhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24610.0
, i made a little something else.....
my living room floor modeling the front
and the best part -- the hidden shorts to make this puppy a skort!
i'm so tricky. haha. OKOK, but you guys, this was SO easy to do! It's unbelievable. This was my first crack at anything wearable - and i'm so proud! My sewing skillz suck.. but they kind of blended into the whole messy effect of the recon.
here's whatcha do:
1. cut off jeans so they are shorts. If you're skirt is mighty short, make sure your shorts at a few inches shorter than it. rip off back pockets if necessary
2. Cut legs in half lengthwise. Keep a seam on each end if you want to avoid hemming. (i kept both seams on one side since id idn't plan ahead... but i didn't hem, either. sucha rebel)
3. Slap the legs in whatever fashion you wish to the shorts. Pleat, ruffle, straight, whatev. In the front, the top of the skirt should rest just beneath the zipper. in the back, the skirt will be about the middle of the pockets. The most important step is to try it on after the skirt is pinned in place! If the skirt is too low in back, you'll end up sewing it into your buttcrack... ew.
4. SEW, SEW, SEW! reattach pockets and other such crafty things.
5. put it on, admire it's awesomness in the mirror, and run around town "mooning" people!!