..you know you want to peek Swap Name: Embroidery Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: pinkleo
Sign-up date range: February 14-21
Date to send items by: March 31
Limited to a certain number of people? 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no
Age requirement? must be at least 13Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESI reserve the right to refuse anyone. If you have feedback that shows a history of incomplete packages, very late sending, ill-communication, lack of DC #'s, etc. I may refuse you. I want this to be a flake-free swap.Swap Details
: For the love of embroidery, let's swap! *We will be swapping 1 crafted large and either 2 bought/crafted smalls or 1 bought/crafted medium* Need Ideas?
You could craft items such as embroidered pillowcases, tea towels, samplers, napkins, journal covers, dolls/stuffies, totes...I could go on and on. For small/medium items you could swap swap embroidery goodies such as needlebooks, pincushions,thread, needles, patterns, kits.Examples of sizes: Large: 3 hours or more; $30 or more; set of pillowcases, set of tea towels, large stuffie; Medium: 2 hours or more to complete; $15-$30 in supply value; kit, bracelet, threadcatcher, deluxe pincushion; Small: at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours to complete; $5-$15 in supplies; needles, needlebook, bottlecap pincushion, bookmarksFor a wonderful swap experience, communication is the key. Please keep in touch with your partner.
Further, it would be nice if you would post in this thread at least once a week (you could just stop in for a quick hello.....or if on holiday or will be without internet access or anything of the such, just post a message....it just gives your partner and organizer warm fuzzy feelings to know you are still around)
Also, I suggest you create a wist, if you haven't already. Wists are very helpful to see your likes and wishes.Notes about sending, receiving, and feedback:SENDING
- Take pictures of your items before you send.
- When sending, you must use a DC# (or for overseas keep that receipt).
- Keep your receipt until your partner receives.
- PM organizer and partner when you send.
FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN WHEN...
- PM organizer and partner when you receive.
- Take pictures of received items. (Please take quality pictures, like ones you would take of your work.)
- Post pictures in gallery in a timely manner, within a few days.
.Okay...you've read my long intro....now to the fun bit....
- When a package is received (verified through PM or DC#) AND pictures are posted in the gallery (This is why it is important for you to take pictures of your items, just in case your partner does not) *Please PM if there is difficulty with pictures; it is how I keep up with feedback.
- Lack of communication and explanation, such as no PMs of sending/receiving, will be noted in your feedback.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Embroidery Swap
Your real name (first and last name)
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
What are your favorite items to make?
What kind of items would you like to receive?
What are your favorite motifs/themes?
What are your favorite colors?
What is your favorite embroidery stitch (backstitch, french knots, cross stitch, chain)?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you/people in your household smoke?
Do you have pets?
Anything else you would like your partner to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Looking for more information about swaps, go to http://craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
- Please label Personal Messages(PMs) to organizer with title of "Embroidery Swap".
- When you send, label PM as "SENT: Embroidery Swap". (don't forget to include your DC#). Send this message to the organizer and your partner.
- When you receive, label PM as "RECEIVED: Embroidery Swap". Send this message to the organizer and your partner.