I have one that I finished last weekend.. it's one of my own handpainted rovings that for whatever reason didn't sell, so I decided it wanted to live with me.
It's the one in the middle.. which is a superwash BFL. I think I called it Carousel. I started spinning it up into a 3 ply, with each ply being stripped into different widths, with the ply that I stripped the thinners being SO thin it barely needed any drafting. Spun it up as a 3 ply sock yarn. I didn't measure WPI.. but it's knitting up perfectly on sz 1 needles. I could have gone down to sz 0 if I wanted my fabric a little firmer and still gotten an acceptable fabric for socks.
Here's what it ended up looking like:
(A few more pics here: http://flickr.com/photos/7210879@N03/
... I didn't want to include multiple pics of the same yarn)
The 3 ply muted the colours a bit, but that's perfectly fine with me. I started knitting it up into a sock tonight and so far i'm getting very vague stripes It seems like any time blue appears in any one of the plies, it forms a distinct stripe. Though within the blue stripe there are bands from the different combinations of the other plies. I'm thrilled with it and I can't wait to get lots more knitted on it. And I'll get the chance to do that tomorrow since i'm taking the train into the NYC spin out.. so several hours of commute time to get lots of knitting done. Yay.
This week... I'll be doing lots of dyeing as I have 3 lbs more of the superwash BFL waiting for me. Fun fun fun! I also have some lovely optim on the wheel right now, and some cashmere/silk blend on a spindle. Gonna be a busy girl!