Swap name: The Stash Neutral Fat Quarter Supply swap!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: astormorray
Sign-up date range: 5/1/11-5/23/11
Date to send item by: 6/1/11
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Fat Quarters! 18 inches by 22 inches. the currency of quilting. 100% cotton, available in all sort of designs. Useful for all kinds of projects.
And yet, perhaps, you have arrived at a point where you are overwhelmed by your own stash, and can't even see buying so tiny an addition. So, how about trading your excess with someone else? It is almost inevitable that those of us who hoard fabric have a few yards of it that were bought for projects that we didn't attempt for one reason or another, or perhaps that we don't remember why we bought it in the first place, or have some fabric we have inherited but don't know what to do with. Here is a chance to trade away fat quarters of that excess in exchange for fqs is new patterns!
We are only swapping quilting cottons! Otherwise, I am afraid I will never be able to sort out partners. Sorry!
You can select to send 4 fqs or 8 fqs. Each one must be unique. If you chose, you can swap two packages with two different partners. (separate packages do not need to be unique, though, probably, they should be.)
This is how it will work:
- Go to your stash and pick out all fabrics that you might want to trade.
- Decide what level you can jump in on, and if you want to send one or two packages (first time swappers, please only sign up for one)
- complete the questionnaire as thoroughly as possible.
- Once your partner(s) is/are assigned to you, select those fabrics best suited to them, and cut out your fqs.
- Do not send extras! Extras would make it not stash neutral.
This is a supply only, no crafting swap.
New swappers are welcome! This is an easy one, so dip your toe in!
It will be best if you can sign up for a level that is less than the number of fabrics you have selected to give away, so that you have some flexibility in what you do send, that you can tailor your package a little towards what your partner wants.
Please consider shipping internationally, as fabrics in other countries are different than those available in ours, and it will be fairly inexpensive to send a yard or two of fabric.The less you want anything specific, the happier you will be!
we have no control on what other people have to destash, and it may not always be to your taste!
That said, the more info you can give me about your fabrics, the easier it will be to match partners who suit each other.
You will most likely not be sending to the person you will be receiving from, or maybe you will, again, this will depend on taste and how questions are answered.
Please let's have some chatter in the thread!
Final note: This is a no extras swap!
People caught sending extras will receive negative feedback.... No extras!
If you want to participate, here is the information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: The Stash Neutral Fat Quarter Supply swap!
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?(YES/NO)
Do you understand that Delivery Confirmation number or a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap?(YES/NO)
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Are you allergic to anything?
Do you have any potential allergens in your house?
Questions about what you will be sending: Remember the more specific you are, the happier everyone will be!
How many packages will you be sending?
How many FQs will you be sending per package?
Can several FQs be termed gender neutral, or do they tend towards so-called masculine themes or feminine ones? (If a mix, be fairly specific)
If several FQs are the same color, what color is that?
Are the majority of your FQs novelty prints, florals, or geometric designs?
Are they large prints or small prints?
Anything else you want to add about your fabrics?
Questions about what you want to receive:
What are you looking for, in terms of colors, percieved gender, pattern, etc?
What would you not want to receive?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.