For Halloween this year my son wanted to be Wall-E. They don't make costumes (well we did see one in a catalog but it was kinda lame for the price) So we decided to make it.
Here it is in action on Halloween:
Now to take you on a step by step of the progress.
1. Started with a box...wasn't sure how to go about keeping it up on him and that but I think we came up with a good thing.
2. This is the first painting.
3. With the side treads on...that was an engineering feat. Thinking how to hook them on and make the spoke all from stuff we already had at the house was a process.
4. Treads off again and painted up to look like he was rusted and dirty.
5. Painted treads are on and ready to go.
6. Finished headpiece and completed costume.
It was allot of work but most of it was the planning and waiting for paint to dry. Vincent thinks it is the greatest thing in the world, so that is all that matters.