Ok so if this isn't allowed or in the wrong place feel free to slap my hands and yell at me, but I wanted to share. I had a jig I made for making paracord bracelets but it was basically a piece of wood with two small blocks screwed to it and a buckle attached to those. I had the blocks marked for different sizes, but it was a pain unscrewing the buckle to change the length size. Then I saw this tutorial on how to make a Yardstick Paracord Jig http://www.instructables.com/id/Yardstick-Paracord-Jig/?ALLSTEPS
It cost me under $5.00 to buy the stuff and put it together. Having been up to Lowes thirty gazillion times since starting the home repairs, it was easy to slip in the yard stick and what-nots I needed. Not so easy to find the time to put it together. Something that should've taken about an hour took three days. But at least the glue had time to dry. You see, I didn't exactly follow the directions... first I cut all the pieces, then glued them (*note: if using Elmer's Glue take a binder clamp or some sort of clamp and use it to hold the long pieces together until they dry), and then added the buckles.I also used an alternative method mentioned and drilled, very uneven, holes from the 5 1/2 inch mark down to the 11 1/2 inch mark. I also used a screw instead of a bolt and put the wing nut on the back side because it was bugging me and hitting the screw I used to hold the buckle in place.
I discovered something kind of cool while putting this together, I can use the back to make macrame jewelry by adding a binder clamp.
Only thing I wish I'd done different now is flip the yardstick over so the back had 1-13 instead of 20 something through 30 something, but hindsight is 20-20.