This is one of those projects that didn't come together easily whatsoever. This shrine started out as an earring display stand. But once the doors had metal mesh the images on the back wall couldn't be seen so I re-worked the project into a shrine.
This picture is dark but without much glare. I glued Alice down and then realized I wasn't done trimming her out. Sometimes when I forget to trim something down I can take it up again and complete the cut as I image in. But I had to work with spray adhesive because the paper is so dry. I wouldn't come up after I noticed my mistake.
These are the little offerings I sent with the shrine: Skeleton Key, drink me bottle, mushroom, crown and Eiffel Tower charms.
And the one thing that pleased me the most with this project doesn't appear in my pictures -- I really screwed up in documenting my project.
On the top and sides of the shrine I carefully edged the paper with red ink. The effect was really striking and I want to make sure I remember I did this when I take out that paper again. I liked the beads and the pawns at the top of the shrine.
My partner said she liked the finished project and I'm thankful she was pleased. But I'm still irritated with myself for the little things that didn't go quite right.