This easy DIY is perfect for any last minute Halloween costume ideas. I was inspired by a pin, but can't seem to find the picture anymore
Regardless, I love how the head band came out and it's perfect for the Day of the Dead sugar skull trend going around this year!
For 5 roses
4-5 sheets of paper
Eyeballs (got these from the dollar store $1.25)
hot glue gun
1. Cut your paper in half, width wise twice, then into 4. You will have 16 pieces. Repeat with other sheets of paper
2. First layer petals Cut your 1/16 piece in half, then into a curved U shape. Make a slit at the tip of the curve, bend the flaps towards each other and glue into place. Bend the curved edge back on itself.
3. For the rest of the layers, cut your pieces into a tear drop shape.
4. Second layer petals Cut 2 slits, one and the top of the curve and one at the bottom pointed tip. Bend then flaps inward and glue into place. Repeat for the top and bottom slits. Curve the top edge back on itself.
5. Third layer petals Cut 1 slit into the bottom pointy end of the teardrop. Again, Bend and glue into place. Use your thumb to help you curve the edge back.
At this point I added glue to the edging of the petals and rolled them in glitter. This step is optional, but I think it gives the roses an amazing look.
6. First layer petals You need three (3) pieces. Glue into triangle formation on the eyeball.
Second layer petals You need five (5) pieces. Add glue onto 1 side of the petal, attach. For every consecutive petal, add glue onto the same 1 side, slip under the unglued side of the previous petal and press into place.
Third layer petals You need five (5) pieces. Repeat as you did with the second layer petals. Once complete, flip over and glue down the unglued side of the petal.
7. Add a 1 inch circle to the back of each rose. Glue onto your head band.