Man I just received an awesome package from my partner stitchzBstitchz! She really crafted to my likes and wishes, I'm a lucky gal
First, she made me a Royal and Pagoda journal. I loooove this, it's going to make me laugh every time it write in it. I was so excited to get hand-drawn things...I draw like a two year old.
Next, I got a set of Fantastic Mr Fox nesting boxes. I really like all the different washi tapes all over it and the fox drawing kills me. I have a lot of washi and containers like these that I'm inspired to make-over now. These boxes are definitely going in my craft room, I love these!
Next, I got a Margot and Richie tote bag, it made me suck in my breath. The detail....and the stitching on felt....and the quote....ohhhh you got skillz!
And last...one of my biggest wishes.....a shadowbox scene!!! I do love Raleigh and this scene hurts so bad. The shadowbox is so perfect, I can't believe it's mine. I'm still not done looking this over, I love all the details and your drawings are beautiful!
We have two dogs, but I signed up for this mostly to get my daughter some Bay Bay swag . Here's a quick run-down of both:
Two years ago we decided to start looking for a family pet and adopted a 7yo (she's turning 9 this month, booo) chihuahua, Chi Chi, who, within a few weeks, decided she hated everyone in the world but me (I love my Chi!). I think she is hilarious...how she prances around the house yapping at my husband and daughter if they look at her or walk up to her, she thinks she runs this! She is the cutest lil beast (she nags a lot, but has never bitten). Everyone always wants to pet her but she's not having it. I keep trying to explain to her that she would get so much more lovin if she wasn't so icy. She is attached to only me, she gets so excited every single time I pet her. She loves to hunch down and pat her front legs really fast on the ground like she's going to attack and play bites and licks me. My husband and daughter use to be bothered by her rejection but they have moved on lol, she's here to stay. I was thrilled that she accepted Bay Bay so she has a mini playpal. Her adoption paperwork said she was basically a breeder dog and was kept in a kennel her whole life, which I feel is why she is like she is, very untrusting. I had to train her to potty in the grass rather than on our concrete back porch....I think that made me the most sad (and mad), picturing her living her first 5-6 years of life on concrete. She's living the dream now though . The picture below is at her 8 birthday party last year. My daughter wanted her in an angel dress, wishful thinking...it didn't take.
We adopted Bay Bay in February of this year (but it feels like he's been with us for forever!). This 4 year old boy is the most hilarious dog....but the best thing about him is that he is madly in love with our daughter, which is the reason I wanted to join this swap....so our daughter could get goodies made of her bestie. He is a super under-the-covers snuggler, looooves going on walks, chasing squeaky toys, laying on his back, "sunning" in the backyard, and letting my daughter dress him up (she likes putting him in his vest and telling him he's "standing like a gentleman"). He follows her everywhere! If I say "go wake up Jada", he will run upstairs, jump in the bed and lick all over her face and then roll over on his back with his paws dangling and wait for her to wake up. I'm not totally sure why he was given up but we were so lucky to have found him the very day he was brought into the shelter. He is an excellent playpal for us all (even Chi Chi!) and he's turned into quite the little guard dog lately...he's not so nice to strangers coming up into his Jada's space, he lets them know to back up a bit He's a tan/brown and white dachshund with a really long body and short legs with feet that face out, like a duck. He has the softest floppy ears, and he loves loves loves attention.
I got my package from my partner happylittleclam and man she made my day! I'm gonna get right to business...
First, the cutest ever felted monsters, look at this hilarious eyeballs and mouths, they just want to be squeezed!! I've been wishing for felted stuff for awhile so these cuties made my heart flip-flap, so cool. And ooooohhhh a felted tree on a wonky hill pin cushion that I've also been craving for forever. It's even weighted at the bottom. I love the colors and simplicity of all these, they just make me happy.
Next, a pair of Dr. Who "don't forget" fingerless gloves...yes, this just keeps getting better and better. They are so snuggly and fit perfect, I'd prove it but I'm a nail biter. I have a few family members that are going to try to nab these next winter... I am prepared to cut them.
Ok ok this Reno 911 mini canvas and Grumpy Cat bookmark cracked me up. HappyLittleClam you must watch Reno 911 episodes one day...after you put the nuggets to bed. It's one of my super-inappropriate favorites! Ahhh and who doesn't love Grumpy Cat! This bookmark is amazing, how did you make this?! The bookmark is hard and the text and image are perfect, this thing is going to last me for forever. I put Grumpy immediately to use...I was using the library receipt for my current bookmark, you must have read my mind and felt bad for me.
It's like I'm opening the box all over again...my face can't stop smiling.....The Golden Girls and a minecraft wolf cross stitch!! Eeeee! HLC made the wolf hoop for my daughter who is a minecraft freak, especially for the wolves....my ears still hurt from her squeals, she loooves her "baby" wolf and is begging for an entire wolf pack now. I actually made her a larger tame wolf for her Minecraft birthday this month and it took me at least a week and lots of quarters in the potty-mouth-jar to finish that thang, I'm slow like that, so HUGE respect to HappyLittleClam and her poor tortured fingers for making us two amazing cross stitchings! I could watch the Golden Girls a million times and not get enough of them, cracking me up.
Look at these tiny cuties....geocaching tokens, ohhhh! If you have never heard of geocaching you must look it up! There are different sized "cache" containers hidden all over the world, you find them, swap goodies, and log your finds. It's funny that you said y'all haven't geocached since your kids were babies because that's when we actually did most of our hunts, when our daughter was much younger. My daughter was carried all up and down and around the woods years ago, we had such a blast. We haven't been for awhile either so soon we will be planning our next routes too. If you can't read it, the text token says "don't mess with a geocacher--they know the best places to hide a body"...hahaha! I actually found out about geocaching from a fictional book about a killer who hid bodies at geocache sites....everyone freaked out now? The book was horrible but I thought "geocaching" sounded like an awesome idea so I looked it up and was surprised to find out it was a real thing...we were hooked ever since then....and have yet to find a body, phew. Are these made out of the same material you made the bookmark from? I must know how you made these too....it would be awesome to make big batches with your geocache name on them to leave in the caches. Awesome idea!
Ok ok ok so get ready to flip out.....a Tobias "I blue myself" Funke paper clay doll (from Arrested Development, another of my mega favorite shows)! This beast was wrapped like nothing I have ever seen....I had the hardest time being careful as soon as I noticed that hilarious blue bald head and (removeable) glasses. I'm still actually short on words for this one, I am thrilled, just plain thrilled. He stands on his own...and he will without a doubt start living on my craft desk so we can giggle and chat every day as soon as I stop fondling him...I mean really, that chest hair, that stache, those "never nude" shorts.....ugggg I can't put him down just yet. I really really love clay and sculpture goodies, one day I hope to play around with paper clay, so jealous of your skills HLC!
Finally, I got some extra treats, one of my fav candies, red hots, and some awesome stamps...I love stamps!
I'm so wore out now, I spent most of my afternoon hopping all over the house, my dogs are hiding in fear somewhere. I love every single nibblet and bit of this package HappyLittleClam, thank you so much! Hopefully we get to swap with each other again!
Woohoo! I received my package from my parter Ladybugsandbumblebees today. I was really hoping to catch the turtle that brought the package here, but no luck It was like Christmas in April, well worth the wait, look at this heaping pile of goodies all wrapped and labelled
Ok so where to start....I'll try to group them so I don't overload this board
1) commonality: our love of bags and things to live greener. Quick backstory....ladybugs and I have been in some ongoing swaps together, and that coupled with my "I'm not that into crochet stuff" note in my questionnaire had poor ladybugs worried the whole time because she is a yarnie. Cut to today when I opened this and eeeeked all over the kitchen....I'm in love with this crochet bag! The size and colors are so perfect, I'll be sporting this bag around town for sure!
2) commonality: the importance of family So then I had a matching set of 3 things to open...a beautiful "family" mirror (I love all the different fonts and how all the pieces are painted/stained in barn red), and two wooden plaques with 2 of my very favorite pictures, awwwww. Ladybugs also made me a framed cork piece that I can use as a trivet or a wall hanging to match. I totally jumped on the wine cork craft train so I was so excited to see this! I'm sure I'll be spending most of tonight trying to decide where to hang this beautiful set.
3) commonality: our love of swaps (and keeping them organized) & our love of fabric I got the cutest swap journal with a removeable owl cover. Then I open it and inside this crazy lady had spend tons of time creating heading prompts on EVERY page in this journal...so all I have to do is fill in the information for each swap (the next pic will have a pic of it opened), love it! I also got some super cute mushroom fabric, eeee, that ladybugs had remembered me commenting on in a different post.
4) commonality: sense of humor and owls She's in my head somehow....I know it's almost May but I totally haven't gotten a calendar. My daughter beat me to the stickers
5) ok ok so last of all (even though it was the first thing I saw!) is a big pile of crochet dook....with a back pocket...and arms....and a "whovian" button. This is going to have me rolling for awhile. In her note ladybugs said this was her attempt at making a monster with a pocket that I had on my wishlist, but she thought it turned out looking like poop and I could "toss it" if I liked.......ummmm no way! A pile of dook is the best place to hide things away in. I'm so glad she sent it instead of chucking it because it was truly a highlight....how funny that (if I just had to put them in order) my two favorite things were crocheted. The little sign around his neck was hilarious too. His pocket is perfect for putting your phone in but since I was using it to take pics I tried out our remote. He's without a doubt going in our living room
Thanks so much ladybugs, I truly loved it all! I'll be messaging you later about the other thing we discussed...it's been a hectic few weeks around here.
I did a personal swap with Anna.wahnsinn and as usual I'm totally thrilled! She sent me 2 tic-tac-toe (or tic-tac-go as my daughter calls them) pouches. The pieces are made out if clay. We have already olayed quite a few games. I especially love the yellow and linen combo (I'm in a huge linen phase at the moment). She also made me the oh-my-geez cutest stone pic representing my family...I almost fell over when I saw it. It's in a ill shadow box. Check out the heart!! It's already hanging in our living room. I looooved everything she sent, thanks Anna!
I'm so glad you loved it all Ladybugs! I had a blast crafting for you. So Ladybugs and I wrote back and forth quite a bit and even though we have quite a few crafty differences, we also have some pretty cool personal commonalities and it was fun getting to know her better. Our daughters are having Minecraft parties this summer (which I TOTALLY forgot to make the printouts I had planned dangit ), we are family gals, we both have a funky sense of humor, she's a teacher and I have HUGE respect for teachers (I had some ideas for her in that area but decided to keep it strictly Ladybugs spoiling), and some other things we found out that we had in common....but I ended up pretty much making things I saw off her pinterest that we had in common:
1) Ladybugs had an etched dragonfly glass, using the Coheed and Cambria dragonfly logo, on her pinterest (I found out afterwards she likes the bug, not the band lol). I love their song "Green Grass and High Tides" (thanks Rock Band) and I knew she liked dragonflies (and other winged insects) so bammm an etched glass was made. I love etched glasses too and have made quite a few for family and craftsters, but have yet to make myself some...isn't that how it always goes!?
2) She also had a teacup pouch on her pinterest....I also like tea so I had to make this cute thing in one of her favorite color combos teal and brown. I thought she would like the little dragonfly fabric at the bottom so I lined the inside of the pouch with that fabric too.
3) Finally, when I first skimmed Ladybugs's pinterest I noticed tons of bags and totes......I love bags and storage of any kind as well, what!? . This was actually the first thing I made for her because I was so excited to see how it would turn out. I saw a few comments about how special rainbows are to her so I wanted to make her a rainbow bag, and in her favorite color (and one of my least favs lol) orange. I found a paper pieced "flying geese" pattern online, picked rainbow fabrics, and sewed it going in a counter-clockwise direction for something a little different. I'm not great at making bags, but it learned a lot from this one. I used canvas instead of batting because I wanted it to be more sturdy...Ladybugs is a mom of 3 as well as a teacher so I'm thinking she carries a ton of stuff everywhere she goes! On most of the bags she pinned she mentioned wanting a zip closure so I sewed up my first recessed zipper...super easy and I like how it looks compared to just putting a zip at the top which would have made the top oddly thin when closed, I think. I'm so glad she loves it!
I'm sure we will meet again in the ongoing swaps Ladybugs! Thanks for being such an awesome partner!
I got my monster box from smileyyogini today and oooooohhh we had so much fun opening this box! I got totally spoiled by my partner too!
Here's a pic of all the adorableness together
First we got a squishy yellow monster (which my daughter snatched up immediately) and some really fun hairy egg monsters. A few of their eyes fell off on their trip home but I think they look adorable like they are so I left them off. The hair is cracking me up
Then a painted Falkor the Luckdragon (from Neverending Story) tote bag. The painting is insane. I've always wanted a Falkor of my own, hes so adorable. Ok ok then I unwrap this little clay bowl with "should you need us.." (From Labyrinth) stamped in it and I'm must be a total geek because I immediately wanted to ball up on the floor and cry.
Then I got the cutest shy little white monster journal. I am so impressed with the cover of this, i love the painting and paper work. I need to just squeeze him! There a ribbons attached for a placeholder. I love the cover so much I'm sure I'm going to frame it. The picture also shows the bottom of the Labyrinth bowl
And finally....I saw some brown fur peeking out of a bag......ooohhhmmmmyyygoooshhhh, it's Ludo! It's embarrassing how happy I was to see him. I mean really, is there anything more snuggly!?
I received from alliekat914 today. She sent me some Silhouette cutter supplies, Dr Who keychains and a monster chunk of charms. I really needed a new Silhouette blade so I laughed when I saw it...and the pens that she sent are on my Amazon wishlist, too perfect! I had a blast laying out all the gorgeous charms on the table and ooohing. I have so many favorites in the pile, they are all so unique. And the best of all...alliekat914 sent me a "are you my mummy" mask keychain (I was embarrassingly overexcited about that, so cool!) and a beautiful Rose picture keychain with a lil rose charm on it, yeeeee! I love them so much I'm still debating on if I want to actually put them on my keychain, I would flip if I lost them. Thanks so much alliekat!
Mama24boyz made my daughter her "boo", a crazy adorable 11th doctor!! My daughter doesn't watch the show, she's just seen pictures, played with the Legos and gets excited about any Dr Who swap stuff I get so now she has her very own doctor. She walked in from school and saw him waiting for her on the table and yelled "my boo is here!" She sends a huge thank you. Your packages are always a huge hit in this house, thanks so much mama24boyz!
I got a tree of live necklace from Phoenixfiredesigns and I looooove it! I rarely wear jewelry but I just had to have a PFD, and this beauty will make me want to wear jewelry more often, it's so gorgeous! I wore it around today and got my daughter to take an action shot (I'm horrible at taking those!) so she tells me to "saaaay poooopie!" I had to pull my black teeshirt down a bit so you could see it better and my daughter says "don't do that, it's going to fall in your bump-bumps and get lost!" She cracks me up. I can't explain how perfect the wire wrapping is, it's totally smooth and insanely well-done. Thanks so much PFD!