This project is a finish for my 14 in 14 quilt along. It is made using a combination of Amy Butler, Parson Gray, and Kona Solids on the front, with a batik for backing and binding. You can read more about the concept for this project over on my blog. http://mouseinmypocket.com/2014/01/his-and-hers-quilt-top/
I finished the top for this Halloween themed crazy quilt before Halloween 2013, but I didn't get it quilted and bound until this weekend. So, I either finished this really early for Halloween 2014, or really late for last year.
The quilt features nine 12-inch blocks, with 2 1/2 inch sashing. The total size of this little throw is 44x44 inches.
I made this quilt when my friend Laci had her little boy. The theme for his room was frogs, so I worked up this frog quilt with flappy legs and dragonfly wings, along with several different textured fabrics.
This quilt was made using a charm pack of American Jane School Days fabric, paired with a dark blue print from my stash, and yardage of the School Days dot-to-dot fabric in manilla on the back. The quilting for this was a tracing of the dot-to-dot designs on the back - a big thanks to my mother-in-law for being willing to do the hand quilting for me. I haven't the patience.
I made myself a regular sized aeroplane bag (pattern by Sew Sweetness) which I use for carrying around my gym clothes. It's huge! I can literally fit in my running shoes and every pair of running shorts, sport bras, and tanks I use for working out.
Because it was so big, I decided I wanted a smaller version to use as a bag. So, I made myself a half-sized version (by scaling the pattern to 75%).
This is a fun lap size/crib quilt that I made from a charm pack and some yellow yardage. I started by making HSTs from the charm squares and solid, then laid the pieces out in a spiral extending out from an offset pinwheel. The back of the quilt has a pinwheel set in directly behind the pinwheel on the front.
This is the very first official quilt. I made it as a gift for my sister's wedding. The quilt fits well on a queen sized bed, and it made from 180 alternating blocks. The blocks were made using 1.5" strips, each block finishing at 7", for a quilt measuring 84"x105" with a total of 2340 individual pieces of fabric on the front.
The back of the quilt is made with a batik jellyroll and two pieces of Kona Cotton yardage.
My ever-wonderful mother-in-law hand quilted, bound and appliqued and block with my sister's & her husband's name and wedding date on the back. She is amazing.