This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. It's a simple rib-stitch hat, but I decided to add some fpdc/bpdc ribs in one section. I screwed up the count when I tried to switch back to the rib stitches, so it's a little lopsided. The edge is a hdc scallop/shell. I used Milky Whey yarn (which is a 50/50 blend of milk and soy), which is very soft. It isn't really a warm yarn though, so this hat will probably be better for someone with lots of hair. The yarn didn't act as I had expected though, so the hat is a little limp. All in all I wouldn't say this was a successful project, although I'm usually my own worst critic.