Card coffin bookmark with tail and felted skull; A book thong; a card with a message in, and a book about a girl who can read minds, which she doesn't like as it makes her indateable. A fella comes along whose mind she can't read, but he's a bad monkey - a murdering vampire. I shall look forward to reading it after I've finished Animal Farm.
I have this horrible habit of not knowing when to say enough is enough, and usually end up ruining my drawings in the name of trying to improve.
The backround isn't done, though I may leave it. I'd like to improve on the eyes and lips (the glasses are wonky but I daren't touch them). Infact, in short, it's not finished. I've been told to keep my mits off it before I destroy it, and looking back at previous drawings, it's something I'm quite capable of.
Still I can't quite grasp hair, but the picture I was going off of wasn't overly great, though I'm happy with the likeliness.
I got some Winnie the Pooh material from a charity (thrift) store about 4 weeks back. Kept saying I'd do something with it for my 2 year old niece, and eventually got round to doing it. She's in Australia, so I couldn't measure her. I phoned my sister, and she had no tape measure.
I was going to make an apron with ties, and I was provided with a pattern, but decided to wing a Tabard instead. I hemmed both the yellow backing and the pooh material, and then began cutting and sewing and such. The neck hole looks awful, but I can assure you it's the camera angle.
I was going to use poppers, but decided to go with velcro as it's easier, and she has a facination with it in which she could sit for an hour or so just playing with it.
Bear in mind it's Tuesday 9am here, and I've had 3 hours sleep since Saturday night/Waking sunday morning. I'm quite pleased with it. I'm sure she will be too, and Pooh's always a good incentive for her to put it on, to protect her clothes from paint and such.
I may stick a wee pocket in the front for her to carry her toycars in about the house as she tries to carry everything at once everywhere she goes.
She also gave me two extra small condoms. At first, I though she was getting broody. Alas it wasn't tp be. They're called 'Trim' and not extra small (as obviously that is patronising to males challenged members!). For legal reasons, I can't post them with me posing in them. I however shall get her legless on rum, and teabag her in the near future, and the pictures shall be my trophy. Muhaha.
And also this fantastic pencil. I have a tendency to puke when I enter the big wide world, and almost covered her in my vomit (love sickness really ) so she got me a party pencil and wrote "Happy barfday" on it.
With my niece rapidly approaching 2 years old, I've decided to knit her something. During my stay with them (she's in Brisbane ) I learnt she loves head gear. Hats, headbands and such.
And here's the latest knitting I've done (I'm still a crafting beginner!) straight off the needles. One headband, and one kerchief, under the recommendation of loobylashes, who once again helped me through it all. Cheers sloth.
Using size 4 wool, and size 4 1/2 needles, I made this kerchief, with plaits as ties, and wee bobbles on the end. Hopefully it'll fit her head:
And here is the headband, which is very stretchy, as modelled by yours truly. Look closely, and you see where I bodged up with the matress stitch, it's harldy noticeable though, and doesn't make much difference.
Recommendations for future knitted head gear and criticism very much welcomed.
Firstly, I'm a newbie to knitting. 1 week old. I began to knit a scarf on size 6 needles with size 4 wool, which was tosh. And I wasn't purling correctly, and ended up with thousands of garter stitches all in all. At a library I met a friend who corrected me, whilst mocking my attempt at knitting.
So, after she corrected me in a library, we left to go shopping. I ended up buying a decent pair of size 6.5 needles, and size 6 wool. I had a pattern for a beanie, and I began knitting and purling. However, instead of stitching 2 knits, and purling 2, I stitches 2 rows and purled 2 rows, so ended up with a horizontal effect. After the 9th row, I had increased from the original 64 cast-ons, to 80 stitches. I'm a knit-wit, nightmare.
Here is the end product - Strike a pose at 3am!
Here is it from behind. You can see where the big tab is from where I increased by almost two douzen. Without the use of a yarn needle, I did make good use of a metal hair clip.
And it also come in handy for other things. Overnight, it kept me old doris' gyraniums nice and warm in her hanging basket!
And finally, who couldn't resist it? The bodge-up-crocked-scarf becomes a great makeshift mat/cloth, and the woolen hat, and plant cozy, is infact a tea cozy!
Tune in next week for some more great knitting horrors, as I attempt to knit a cardigan, and end up with an elephant balaclava.
I wrote a poem about how we bottle our feelings up from telling friend that we like them, in order not to jeopardise the friendship, and how the heart sits frustrated, and even if it did escape, it'd be open and torn on the barbed wire.. I drew a picture of exactly this, and also drew a cartoon styled one in MS Paint.
Eventually I cut an old pair of red shorts up, cut out a heart stencil from cardboard, stitched the heart together, stuffing it with wadding from an old duvet, and then squeezed it through the neck of the glass bottle, which had been washed, and had it's labels stripped.
I added the 'Bottled love' label, and then took some mesh wiring, and cut it with pliars to give a similar look of barbed wire. I'll get a cork soon to stick in the top to complete it as it'll give it a nice touch, although I'm happy as it is with it.